The Foreign Ministry on Sunday released a report on the state of democracy in the United States. The following is the full text of the report.
I. What is democracy?
II. The alienation and three malaises of democracy in the US
1. The system fraught with deep-seated problems
(1) American-style democracy has become "a game of money politics"
(2) "One person one vote" in name, "rule of the minority elite" in reality
(3) The checks and balances have resulted in a "vetocracy"
(4) The flawed electoral rules impair fairness and justice
(5) Dysfunctional democracy triggers trust crisis
2. Messy and chaotic practices of democracy
(1) The Capitol riot that shocks the world
(2) Entrenched racism
(3) Tragic mishandling of the COVID-19 pandemic
(4) Widening wealth gap
(5) "Freedom of speech" in name only
3. Disastrous consequences of US export of its brand of democracy
(1) The "color revolutions" undermine regional and national stability
(2) The US imposition of its brand of democracy causes humanitarian tragedies
(3) The abuse of sanctions breaches international rules
(4) The "beacon of democracy" draws global criticism
Source : https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202112/05/WS61ac2be9a310cdd39bc796ba.html217